So what'z next?
They are lost in the postal system...@.@ I hope they are coming back to me soon, finger cross, as I have contacted the customer service, and their reply was that I have to wait until 10th Dec and they then will further investigate...
1st time I heard such bad response from any customer service in UK, I thought the response from Debenhams was bad enough last time...
From the research I have done online, the following company's brushes are recommended by different bloggers/ forum user:
- M.A.C. - of course, it's kinda like common sense to lots of ladies nowadays... but i found the price bit too high @.@
- Bobbi Brown - another maker that is generally recommended
- Sigma - according to lots of bloggers, the quarlity of the brushes are as good as M.A.C.
- Trish McEvoy
- e.l.f - i heard a few of its US$1/£1.50 brushes are okay and the studio line ones are generally worth more than US$3 /£3.50.
- Shu Uemura
- 白鳳堂 (hakuhodo)
- The Body Shop - consider the ones I have used, they are actually good valued
- Ruby & Millie - after I own almost the entire collection, I began to wonder, how InStyle Magazine judge that?? Some of them aren't as good as The Body Shop, yet the price are roughly the same (when there's no £5 off voucher exists)
- Mannings (HK) - one word - cheap; and this is the entire reason for the bloggers in hk to recommended
p.s. Lancome Foundation Brush is good, I heard. But not its entire line. Also, M.A.C. holiday / mini brushes arent as good as its individual ones, as some bloggers claimed. But, I have no idea whether it is true or not.
Finally I got time to type reviews. I was stuck with my contract law at the moment.. seems so complicated.....=.=///
From Left to Right:
- Lancome Retractable Lip - bought that in US for USD$5. I have used other lip brushes before, and all those are mini one.... This is not the best one I have used, I love the mini Dior lip brush that I own, as the amount of brush hair is small and few. But the hair is actually nice and soft.
- Kate Eyeliner - bought with the gel eyeliner. I haven't used other eyeliner brushes before, so not sure whether it is good or not. But at least did the job and it is soft too.
- Ruby & Millie Angled - it is one of my favorite one as I found angled one very useful. It can used for brows and eyeliner too. The only problem is that it is quite hard and I have to use it quite lightly when I apply stuff on eyes.
- It is same as brush 3. I bought it because it is quite cheap, as only £1 per brush by using Boots £5 voucher.
- Ruby & Millie Eye Sweep - bought this when there's a Boots £5 voucher. In the 1st place, I found the hair very hard, after a few wash and some hair conditioner, the hair softens a bit. Normally I used it for base eye shadow and use it for 'sweeping' - to clean around the mistakes or 'dirts'.
- Manning's Angled - bought this when lots of bloggers in HK recommended it as a cheap source to buy brushes.
- The Body Shop Eye Shadow – this is my 1st brush which I bought in a Body Shop outlet store. It is very nice and it become my standard to select brushes. I prefer this version from Korea than the china one before as the steam is more matte...@.@
- Manning’s Eye Shadow – this is very nice as the hair is soft and short. Perfect to brush on my new Revlon Eye Primer (from pound shop!!)
- Ruby & Millie Mascara Wand – just a plain normal mascara wand, nothing special, just use for remove excess mascara and its cheap, as I get it for free with Boots voucher.
- Ruby & Millie Eye liner – this is my 1st eyeliner brush, but I much prefer angled ones, so I use this more for eye shadow instead of eye liner nowadays.
- No. 7 Concealer - this is good enough for me atm, so I am not looking for new concealer brush. However, the hair aren’t that soft, so beware when using it at the corner of eyes.
- Manning’s concealer – I haven’t really use it yet, so don’t know how is it. However, from the look and texture, it is a good concealer brush XD
- No. 7 Concealer – this is my 1st concealer brush, but it is too small for my dark circle and eye bags, that’s why I have move onto other brushes above. However, for the edge of the nose, it is the best though, as its pointed head.
- Everyday Mineral – this comes with my EM concealer set. The quality is really good and for USD$10, it worths as I think its natural animal hair, not synthetics.
- Everyday Mineral Angled – for USD$8, i am lovin’ it. This is the best brush I ever have at the moment. I use it for blushes, shading and even foundation. So glad that I bought this when I order mineral foundation though EM.
- No. 7 Powder – I personally don’t like this brush as even I have washed it many times, there’s some strange smells and the hair keeps dropping off.
- Ruby & Millie Foundation – maybe it’s just me or this brush isn’t good. When I apply liquid foundation on with this brush, I don’t think the foundation is as even as it is if i apply with hands or sponges…
- The Body Shop Foundation (which is not shown, as it is new) Similar problem with this brush as to the R&M one, but the problem isn’t as big as R&M due to the size difference and the amount of hair.
So, what do you think?
Apparently. these brushes recommened by the bloggers on http://www.theztyle.com/bbs, as they are soft, good quarlity and cheap. They only cost me around HKD $12 each as they are on sale.
Compare with the Ruby and Millie's brushes, they are much nicer and cheaper as well. hay....=.=///
p.s. thz for my friend, Chili who delivered these for me.
This time, I decided to buy this box set, as I am keen to try out the product from Rimmel, as I like the concealer and eyebrow liner that I bought recently.
I normally buy things in store, as I can touch and feel the products. But this time, using the information provided by fellow bloggers, I bought 2 item from Estee Lauder and gained a few gift. However, for some unknown reason, the things are out of stock, so they just send me the gift. Futhermore, they have included 3 free sample as well, so nice XD
I saw this brand in Boots before. Apparently it is quite good and its from Spain. I want to try their products when they 1st came out, but the prices aren't cheap enough for me to buy immediately.
This time, Pure cosmetics are 1/2 price. So this eyeshadow palette is only £7.50. Cant wait to try out. XDD
This is the free set from Estee Lauder. I dont have good impression on its mascara, but this time, from the look of it, I think I may like it. lol
Also, cant wait to try out too......
(p.s. last week, I manage to get hold of the newANR and the individual foundation from Estee Lauder. So at the end, I manage to get try out most of the things from EL)
The smell, the texture of the paste is really nice. It smells like lemon & avocado. There is also some lemon peel or avocado peel, as there were small square of fruit skin. After I put the paste on my face, the paste dries up slowly.
After I washed it off, I didnt found my skin more hydrated than before, instead bit dryer, but it is firmer. This is a really good point for me as my skin is really hydrated and smooth, but it rather too soft, not firm.
By looking up the ingredient online, I think I can replicate a similar mask with the following ingredients:
- Sandelwood oil
- Lavander oil
- Chamolie oil
They are doing fresher box at the moment, 8 pieces for £10.
1 shampoo bar
1 face cream (trial size)
1 body sugar scrub
2 toner (1 vitamin E & 1 vitamin C)
1 face mask
Okay, so why I don't use the eyeshadow??
Well, look at the photo below...
I use my Ruby & Millie Angled Brush to brush on my back of my hand. The powder is not refine and very clumsy. So I dont think its a good idea to use it dry. Also there isnt much pigment, most of the colour will be 'eaten' by my darken eyelid. So the only way is try with mixing medium later.... (means use the wet method)
Maybe my £1 wasted on the eyeshadow, but the brow kit worth for sure more than 50p. It is the miniture of the e.l.f studio brow kit. It is around 1.5x £2 coin size and includes 2 mini brushes.
The colour is light brown, not as good as my new Rimmel eyeliner, but before I have the Rimmel eyeliner, I use the mixture of light & dark brown eyeshadow as my browliner. Therefore, the colour is okay for me. The gel.... hmmm... i havent use any gel before, I have no idea how should it be... So no comment on that...
However!!! There is 1 thing i really like for this 50p product. It is the BRUSHES that i love most. I have a collection of lancome, Ruby & Millie, The Body Shop & Everyday mineral brushes. Compare with these brushes, these mini ones are really soft and nice. For 50p, it is good enough for me to get hold of these brushes as they are mini & cheap, good for my palette that i made before.
So at last, but not least, I tried the eyeshadow gel today... Seems a bit strange, it is kinda like putting lip gloss on the eye lid. I heard people do put lip gloss on as an eyeshadow when they go for swimming as they are really able to hold and waterproof.
Now I understand the effect. I haven't re-do my makeup today, my gosh eyeliners are almost gone and worn off, but msot of the purple stayed. Well, the crease line shown a bit as the pigment moved towards it. but in general, it really holds.
furtheremo, my eyelids are really dark compare with my rest of the face, so most of the eyeshadow is kinda faded when i put them on. but this shows quite well. so i think it is even a good buy when it is at its original price, £2 hahaha...